Call For PaperThe Asia Information Retrieval Societies Conference (AIRS) aims to bring together researchers and developers to exchange new ideas and latest achievements in the field of information retrieval (IR). The scope of the conference covers applications, systems, technologies and theory aspects of information retrieval in text, audio, image, video and multimedia data. The 13th AIRS (AIRS 2017) welcomes submissions of original papers in the broad field of information retrieval.
Technical issues covered include, but are not limited to:
• IR Theory and Formal Models;
• IR Evaluation, Test collections, Evaluation methods and metrics, Experimental design,
Data collection and analysis;
• Interactive IR, User interfaces and visualization, User studies;
• User models, Task-based IR, User/Task-based IR theory;
• Query intent, Personalized web search, Search result diversification;
• Web IR, Intranet/enterprise search, Citation and link analysis, Adversarial IR;
• Distributed IR, Fusion/Combination, Digital libraries;
• Cross-language retrieval, Multilingual retrieval, Machine translation for IR;
• Video and image retrieval, Audio and speech retrieval, Music retrieval;
• Topic detection and tracking, Routing, Content-based filtering;
• Filtering and Recommendation;
• Natural Language Processing for IR;
• Text Data Mining and Machine Learning for IR;
• IR Applications (e.g. Legal IR, Medical/Biomedical IR)
|Indicative Dates: All deadlines are 11:59 PM pacific time.|
The AIRS 2017 proceedings will be published in the LNCS format. Please follow the default author instructions available at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html. In addition, please "anonymize" your paper to facilitate double-blind reviewing. The page limit for long papers is 12 pages in the LNCS format. The page limit for short and demo papers is 6 pages in the LNCS format.
Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected without review. Duplicate submissions (the same paper being submitted to AIRS 2017 and to another conference at the same time), if detected, will also be rejected without review.
You can submit your paper to EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=airs2017 by the submission deadlines. Once your paper gets accepted, you will be asked to send us a signed copyright form available at the above Springer website. At least one author per paper must register and present the work at the conference.
|Abstract submission deadline||15 Jul 2017|
|Paper submission deadline||19 Jul 2017|
|Posters and demos submission deadline||19 Jul 2017|
|Notification of acceptance||16 Aug 2017|
|Camera ready||9 Sep 2017|
|Early-bird registration closes||30 Sep 2017|
|Normal registration closes||31 Oct 2017|
|On-site registration||1 - 24 Nov 2017|
|Pre-conference(Asia Data Week)||20 - 22 Nov 2017|
|AIRS 2017 conference||22 - 24 Nov 2017|